Vega website archive
The February 2017 release of the Vega website, version 68, marks the final update of this resource. The website will continue to be available at the vega.sanger.ac.uk URL until the middle of March, after which it will be archived at vega.archive.ensembl.org. We will put in place permanent redirects to this new URL.
The archiving of Vega will mean the following:
- Sequence searches using BLAST and BLAT will no longer be available.
- There will be no updates to data, and the Havana update tracks will be removed.
- There will be no updates to the web code apart from any needed to fix critical bugs.
- The Vega previous website will be retired.
- The Vega FTP site (ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/vega/) will be retired but the data will be continue to available from the Ensembl FTP site (ftp.ensembl.org).
If you have any questions about this please contact us.